Grilled Peaches & Spinach Pesto Pizza
On Sunday I shared a simple and delicious recipe for Spinach Pesto and promised to show several ways to use it besides your typical dip.
Everyone in the house kept saying they wish we’d had something to munch on so I started rummaging through our refrigerator to come up with appetizing bites to satisfy my crew. I spotted some peaches, Bocconcini Mozzarella, fresh spinach, a balsamic reduction, and Naam (a leavened, oven-baked flatbread found in the cuisines of West, Central and South Asia). Hmm I had the perfect appetizer to concoct that I was sure they’d all enjoy.
I decided to make a Grilled Peaches & Spinach Pesto Pizza with a Balsamic Drizzle. It was tasty, satisfying and quick and easy to put together. You can make the balsamic reduction or purchase some making this effortless!
Here’s how I made it…………………………….Be sure to stop back later this week for more recipes using this Spinach Pesto!
Grilled Peaches & Spinach Pesto Pizza with a Balsamic Drizzle
- Turn on grill to medium heat and preheat.
- Slice peach into 1/2-inch moons.
- Slice mozzarella into thin slices. One ball for each slice of Naam or to your liking.
- Prepare balsamic reduction or use purchased balsamic glaze.
- Add sliced peaches to the grill and allow to get grill marks, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Place both pieces of flatbread onto the preheated grill until grill marks appear on one side of the Naam, about 5 minutes - remove from grill and place onto a work surface.
- Spread 1 tbsp. of pesto onto the grilled side of each slice of Naam.
- Add to the top of the pesto in this order: fresh spinach, slices of mozzarella, and grilled peach slices. Cover lid and grill for approximately 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add balsamic drizzle. Slice & Serve.