Hi my name is Vicki Bensinger, culinary instructor since 1992.
Welcome to At Home with Vicki Bensinger, established in 2004, teaching in-home culinary classes to adults and children – and welcome to my blog (created in 2009), where I share recipes, culinary tips, “How To” videos, and much more.
- My goal is to help you feel more confident in the kitchen. Not every recipe has to be complex in order to be delicious and worthy of serving to family or guests. I share both simple and challenging recipes, and encourage you to ask questions. After all, if you don’t understand something, how else will you learn without asking? Every question is worth an answer, so please don’t hesitate. If you feel uncomfortable posting your question in my comments section, please send me an email – I’m always happy to help.
- Whether you learn from “At Home with Vicki Bensinger” the blog, through private LIVE online classes, Periscope broadcasts, or by inviting me into your home for a culinary class, I promise to teach you the skills to gain confidence in your kitchen.
- Anyone can be a great cook! Everyone has the skills! Whether you’re a beginner or want to hone your culinary skills, “At Home with Vicki Bensinger” will provide you with the tools you’re looking for. Read what some of my past clients have to say……..
If you’d like to schedule a private culinary class, have a recipe request, or skill you’d like to learn, please contact me. I will try to honor requests by posting it on my blog, or share it in a video.
- Please spend time browsing the pages of my blog for delicious recipes, videos, testimonials, and media coverage.
Below are a few tidbits I thought I’d share that you probably didn’t know about me.
In 1984 I married my best friend; we have two wonderful children (both adults now), and two adorable labs. In addition:
1. I was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri.
2. I was a tomboy as a child, covered with black and blue marks from head to toe.
3. I loved catching frogs – hate them now!
4. Doritos are my favorite chip, but rarely eat them anymore.
5. If I knew I only had one meal left it would be Pizza and Rocky Road ice cream.
6. Growing up we had 4 dogs, 2 birds, and a rabbit that thought she was a dog.
7. My mom used to take us to the Double Feature matinée on Saturdays – it was 25 cents.
8. Cooking is my passion.
9. I love to bike.
10. I was a Financial Consultant for 12 years prior to having children.
11. I love to bead and create jewelry – I used to teach beading as a side job.
12. I delivered my daughter in literally 30 minutes, my son in 2 hours.
13. I’m a chocoholic!
14. My sisters and I used to curl my dad’s hair (he was partially bald) and paint his toenails! My mom would just smile!
15. My favorite movie is “The Holiday.” “One Fine Day” holds a close second.
16. I wish I could stand on my dad’s toes and dance with him again.
17. I shared a room with my maternal grandmother growing up – through her, I gained my passion for cooking.
18. Growing up both grandmothers & my dad’s handicapped sister lived with us.
19. My favorite snack after school was a pickle and an orange.
20. I was a cheerleader all 4 years of high school.
21. I graduated college from the University of Kansas.
22. Growing up you could always find me and my sisters playing with our cousins – here we are:
23. My favorite color is purple but I always wear black.
24. I love talking to people.
25. I love blogging, and thrilled to have made so many friends through it.
26. I’m happiest when those around me are happy.
27. I walk my dogs 4-5 times a day, regardless of weather. They’re not spoiled!
28. I have 100s of cookbooks. My husband had shelves built to hold them all. It’s almost full!
29. I’m grateful for having a wonderful family. I love them all!
As you click through the pages of “At Home with Vicki Bensinger,”
- Take a moment to sign up to receive my weekly posts by EMAIL or RSS Feed, and please sign up for my MONTHLY NEWSLETTER too. All can be found on the upper right side of my blog.
- Don’t forget to follow me on my Facebook Fan Page, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and Google+ then you’ll never miss a post, photo or blurb. To catch my live cooking demos on Periscope please follow me @Periscope.tv/VickiBensinger and keep notifications turned on.
Thank you for stopping by. Don’t be a stranger – please come back.
Until next time , Happy Cooking!