Salmon is one of my favorite meals to have so when my daughter told me she came up with a dish she wanted me to try I was all ears. This Salmon Bowl was simple to prepare and ideal for when you’re feeling a bit sluggish.
This Salmon Bowl consists of:
- Salmon filet
- cauliflower rice
- roasted onions & peppers
Basic ingredients that you might have on hand at any given time. You can certainly grill the peppers & onions but roasting them is just as simple.
I prefer to grate a whole cauliflower which will yield approximately 2 cups but you can also purchase frozen cauliflower rice at the market. Then just put in a skillet to defrost with some fresh squeezed lime and cilantro.
The salmon can be grilled or roasted in the oven depending on your preference. Then it’s really just about arranging the cooked ingredients in a way that appeals to you! Leftovers, if there are any, can be wrapped into a tortilla for a different type of dish – equally as satisfying!
The Salmon Bowl is perfect for lunch or dinner and leaves you feeling energized and satisfied, not stuffed. It’s so light and delicious!!!
What are your favorite bowls to create?
Check out my daughter’s recipe below for the Salmon Bowl!
- 2 (6-8 ounce) salmon filets, skin on
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 whole cauliflower, grated or 1 1/2 cups frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 fresh squeezed limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt & fresh pepper
- Cauliflower Rice: If using fresh cauliflower rinse then pat dry. With a grater, grate the cauliflower over a large bowl or plate. Add the juice of 1 lime to a sauce pan, and cauliflower rice. Cook briefly until cauliflower is al dente. Stir in Cilantro and cover until ready to serve.
- Roasted Veggies: On a sheet pan add the peppers and onions. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper if desired. Roast in a 435F degree oven until they are to your liking, approximately 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Salmon: Season Salmon with salt & pepper. Preheat grill and place salmon onto a med heat grill. Grill for approximately 12 minutes. If using the oven preheat to 425F degrees and roast for 12-14 minutes depending on how your oven operates or until cooked to your liking.
- Plate: One all ingredients are cooked place cauliflower rice on the bottom in a mound. Top with salmon, then cover with peppers, onions and avocado. Drizzle with lime juice and additional salt & pepper if desired.
- Serve & ENJOY!