Go Green with Chilled Avocado, Cucumber and Melon Soup
Tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day! If you forgot to celebrate this weekend wearing green during the parade in town, then you might want to try this light and healthy chilled green soup to celebrate the holiday tomorrow.
Please keep an open mind when looking at the ingredients. I realize it may not be appealing to some because it’s green! However, I shared this recipe in a recent class and they all loved it, and went back for seconds.
I’ll confess, I didn’t actually make this for St. Patrick’s Day, I made it to celebrate the warm spring-like weather we’ve suddenly been blessed with. Just last week we were in the single digit’s and today we’re suppose to hit 80F degrees. I’m so ready for the warmth of the sun!
This soup hits the spot, not to mention it’s light, healthy and full of flavor. Whip up a batch in no time at all and pour into a large canning jar with a lid to refrigerate. Pour or spoon out what you want and place the rest back in the refrigerator for your next meal or snack. There’s no guilt in eating this soup, and the avocado makes it thick and creamy. It truly is delicious! This soup is perfect during the spring and summer, for brunch, lunch, dinner or a light snack.
I hope you’ll try this Chilled Avocado, Cucumber and Melon Soup today……………………………………..
Chilled Avocado, Cucumber and Melon Soup
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 honeydew melon, halved, seeded and peeled (I used only 1/2 the melon)
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup packed mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- ½-1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Diced melon
- Diced cucmber
- Greek Yogurt, dollop
- Scrape out the seeds of the cucumber and the melon. Finely dice ¼ cup of cucumber and melon and set aside for garnish.
- Roughly chop the remaining cucumber and melong and place in a blender with all the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, then blend until smooth and thick. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- To Serve: Pour the soup into glasses or bowls and top with a dollop of yogurt, and garnish with dices of cucumber and melon.
Hungry for more? Savor these!