Dark Chocolate Covered Raspberry Kiwi Bars
The weather here in the Midwest has been so volatile lately that my food cravings are going haywire. One day it’s -35F degrees and the next day it’s 65F degrees and sunny.
It’s still technically the middle of winter, but with these volatile temperatures I’m feeling like summertime dishes. So I decided to create these Dark Chocolate Covered Raspberry Kiwi Bars to satisfy my cravings after watching a video of fruit bars.
These chocolate bars are frozen, but if eaten soon after they’re made they are easier to bite into. Nonetheless they are delicious either way you eat them.
I tried to place a couple of them in the refrigerator overnight to see how they would hold up, but ended up with some raspberry juice in the plate I placed them on. So I put them back in the freezer.
Tip: If you don’t want to eat them frozen I suggest letting them set out for 5 minutes to thaw slightly. I’m pretty sure though you won’t be able to wait that long to indulge. These bars are a tasty little treat that I’m certain you’ll love.
If you’re not a fan of raspberries, kiwi, or both, then use what suits your palate.
These are so quick and easy to create, I’m certain you’ll be making them often.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Kiwi Bars
- Peel and finely chop the kiwi and place in a bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds to bowl and stir. Set aside
- Mash fresh raspberries in a bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds to mashed berries, stir and set aside.
- Set silicone bar mold on a sheet pan and spoon in equal amounts of finely chopped kiwi to each individual mold. Then top with mashed raspberries until all molds have been filled.
- Place in the freezer for approximately 2 hours until frozen enough to hold shape when dipped into melted chocolate.
- Place dark chocolate chips or chocolate of choice into a microwave safe bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil. (This will help keep the chocolate from seizing when the frozen fruit bars are dipped into the chocolate).
- Place bowl in microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Place back into microwave for another 30 seconds then stir. Place back into microwave for another 30 seconds unless the chocolate is completely melted. Stir if placed back into microwave.
- Remove frozen fruit bars from freezer. Set silicone mat, parchment or heavy foil on counter. Removing bars one at a time dip in melted chocolate with a fork and flip to cover all sides. Remove and place on parchment or other lining set into a sheet pan. Continue until all are done. Place back into the freezer until ready to indulge. Allow to set out for about 5 minutes after removing from the freezer if the bars are too cold to eat. This will allow them to slightly defrost.