How to Make an Avocado Rose
Yesterday I shared with you how to make a Salad in a Jar and topped it off with an Avocado Rose. Since I had a few people message me asking me how I made the rose I decided I show you today.
The method is really quite simple as displayed in this collage. Starting from the top right and going down until the finished product I’ll explain each step.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Peel off the skin.
- Lay peeled avocado cut side down onto a cutting board.
- Slice thin horizontal slices all the way across. Be sure to hold your hand at the front of the avocado where you start slicing to keep slices in place.
- Carefully fan out the avocado slices with your hands creating a wide open “C” shape as shown above.
- Starting at the smallest end start to curl in the avocados to create a circle. Your finished product is a beautiful Avocado Rose.
That’s all there is to it. Now you try it and please post your photo on my Facebook Page.
Now isn’t that easy!
How fun, I can think of a zillion ways to use this beautiful technique!
Great, I’ll look forward to seeing the Avocado Roses on your blog!
What a magnificent tutorial!!! I hope to try it one day!!
I don’t know if I’d go as far as magnificent but thank you. I had planned to do a video but didn’t have my tripod.
Very easy to create. I’m sure you’ll make a beautiful avocado rose!
Such a fun and beautiful tutorial! I love it.
Cool! The finished result looks pretty complicated, but your pictures and instructions really help make this a more accessible task. Thanks!
It is easy, but somehow I don’t believe mine would turn out as nice as yours!