Pure Celery Juice
Growing up I use to snack on celery with cream cheese spread down the center and sometimes even peanut butter. As I got older I simply ate it plain and loved it. It wasn’t until just recently that I learned about the health benefits of celery juice so I decided to give it a try.
Who would have ever guessed that celery juice has a host of health benefits! The color alone though gives it away.
After reading online about the medicinal value of celery juice I decided to delve into it greater. This is what I found……………
The health benefits of drinking celery juice claim to be:
- Critical for healing chronic acid reflux
- Fights autoimmune disease, including Hashimoto’s, Lyme disease, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and every other autoimmune condition
- Incredible for constipation and all digestive issues
- Helps restore the adrenals
- Contains mineral salts that are critical for the central nervous system
- Helpful for depression, anxiety, brain fog, confusion, bipolar disorder, memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), poor focus and concentration
- Important for skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis
- Flushes toxins and pathogenic byproduct from the body
- Helps stabilize blood pressure
- Helps eradicate strep bacteria
- Fights Epstein-Barr and Shingles viruses
- Brings down toxic liver heat
- The ultimate gallbladder rehabilitator
- Eliminates mucus
- Restores bile production and potency
- Celery’s natural sodium draws toxic salts out of the body
- Powerful weapon against SIBO
- Inhibits viruses, bacteria, and fungus
- Enhances the immune system
- Helps repair damaged ligaments & bones
- Highly anti-inflammatory
- Powerful way to alkalize the gut
- Celery juice raises hydrochloric acid
- Supports and calms the central nervous system
- Helps the liver produce bile
- Has mineral salts are instrumental in the electricity that governs the body
- Contains the building blocks for neurotransmitter chemicals
- Helps heal and prevent gut rot
- Helps repair damaged cells inside the liver
- Cleanses the thyroid of viral byproduct
- Bolsters production of thyroid hormone T3
- Helps improve kidney function
- Helpful for healing allergies
- Powerful tool for brain health
- Helps heal Crohn’s, Colitis and IBS
- Offers stress assistance
- Strengthens digestion
- Celery juice blended with papaya is an amazing gut tonic
- Helps heal addictions
- Improves methylation
- Helps prevent gum recession
- Provides essential mineral salts
- Helps restless leg syndrome
- Counteracts acidosis
- Helps heal POTS
- Hydrates on a cellular level
- Helpful healing tool for every symptom and condition
- Celery juice undiscovered mineral salts break down pathogens’ cell membranes, killing and destroying them
- The cluster salts in celery are used by your white blood cells as both shield and weapon to go after viruses and unproductive bacteria
- Helps to heal the liver
- Enhances electrolytes
- Has undiscovered mineral salts that act together as an antiseptic in the body
It’s believed that drinking freshly made celery juice first thing in the morning provides the greatest benefits. Waiting at least 30 minutes after, before eating anything.
(Important: How to Clean a Wood Cutting Board)
Since celery juice is a medicinal drink and not a caloric one, you’ll still need breakfast to get you through the morning.
It’s suggested to start with 16 ounces of celery juice. If possible build up to 24-32 ounces a day for greater benefits, or if you suffer from a chronic illness or symptom.
I feel like I’m healthy, but decided to try drinking celery juice to see if I noticed any changes in my body. While it’s still too soon to notice, I did have some strange pangs in my stomach that were brief both times I drank it. They passed quickly. I chalked it up to the celery doing its healing powers.
However, that evening when lying in bed I got these severe cramps in my ankles that then caused my feet to arch upwards towards my ankles. It sounds strange and I’ve never experienced anything like that before.
So I decided to skip a morning of celery juice and try it again the next day. That evening the same thing happened. I decided before trying it again the next morning it would be best to wait a few days in between.
After several days, I tried another 16 ounces of celery juice and no stomach pain or cramping. What I did notice though was the ridiculous amount of energy and contentment I felt. Was it the celery juice or the warm weather and sunshine we were experiencing? I’m not quite sure but only time will tell.
I’ll continue my experiment so long as I don’t feel sick from the celery juice.
Drinking celery juice is the NEW thing now, I guess you could say it’s a fad.
There’s a book written my Anthony William called Medical Medium Celery Juice: The Most Powerful Medicine of Our Time Healing Millions Worldwide
In this book he shares his findings on drinking pure celery juice. In addition I have read about others who have had positive experiences from including celery juice in their daily, morning regimen.
While I’m not totally convinced yet, I’m still trying it to see what changes if any I may experience. From all that I’ve read, within a month an individual should notice positive changes in their body.
You might be wondering WHY AM I TRYING THIS? I’m always researching and reading about health benefits of different foods and what they can do for our bodies. I feel healthy, but always looking to incorporate new foods that claim to be beneficial for our bodies.
As we get older our parents age as well. We learn more and see more devastating things happening to them, family, as well as friends we care about. It’s frightening to witness and as a result, I personally start doing research to learn more. Not just for myself, but for those I care about and work with nutritionally.
Bottom line: Eating a healthy, pure clean diet, without additives is best. In addition to hormone & pesticide free, sustainable, lots of fresh organic fruits and vegetables.
While it may be challenging for many to avoid animal products, if you do indulge (I’m guilty as well) be sure you know their history. In other words, if the farmer is pumping the animals with hormones, and spraying the land with pesticides that the animals eat, and you in turn eat those animals, you ingest all that as well. Be conscious of what you’re ingesting!
On my links page I have a list of sources you might find useful.
I’m excited to be trying celery juice especially since I love celery. However, it’s never a good idea to replace raw fruit & vegetables entirely with vegetable or fruit juices. Fiber is crucial in our diets.
(Cutting board by Mevell)
Juicing removes the fiber from our diets allowing it to pass more quickly through our system. This can then spike our insulin levels because of the concentration of sugars from juicing. For a diabetic that can be critical.
Not juicing, and simply pureeing the whole foods in a blender, keeping the fiber in the beverage, allows the smoothie to pass more slowly through our system, just as it would if we ate it whole. Plus it leaves us feeling fuller than if we simply juiced the fruit or vegetable.
What’s the Difference Between Juicing vs. Blending? (FoodMatters.com)
Juicing: is a process which extracts water and nutrients from produce and discards the indigestible fiber. Without all the fiber, your digestive system doesn’t have to work as hard to break down the food and absorb the nutrients. In fact, it makes the nutrients more readily available to the body in much larger quantities than if you were to eat the fruits and vegetables whole.
This is especially helpful if you have a sensitive digestive system or illness that inhibits your body from processing fiber. The fiber in produce helps slow down the digestive process and provides a steady release of nutrients into the bloodstream.
Freshly squeezed vegetable juices form part of most healing and detoxification programs. This is because they are so nutrient rich, and nourish and restore the body at a cellular level.
A word of caution: When you remove the fiber from the produce, the liquid juice is absorbed into your bloodstream quickly. If you are only juicing fruits, this would cause a rapid spike in blood sugar and unstable blood sugar levels can lead to mood swings, energy loss, memory problems and more!
Fiber is also filling, and without fiber in the juice, some people tend to get hungry again quickly.
Blending: Unlike juices, smoothies consist of the entire fruit or vegetable, skin and all, and contain all of the fiber from the vegetables. However, the blending process breaks the fiber apart (which makes the fruit and vegetables easier to digest ), but also helps create a slow, even release of nutrients into the bloodstream, and avoids blood sugar spikes. Smoothies tend to be more filling, because of the fiber, and generally faster to make than juice. They can be great to drink first thing in the morning as your breakfast, or for snacks throughout the day.
By including the fiber in your smoothie, the volume will increase. Also, you can pack more servings of fruits and veggies into a single serving of juice than you can into a smoothie.
Both juicing and blending offer nutritional benefits to your body. Combining both in your weekly meal plan will leave you feeling healthier, energized and overall happier.
As with any lifestyle change it’s always a good idea to consult your physician to insure it’s the right thing for you.
After exhaustive research I purchased the Kuvings Slow Juicer EVO820 from Williams Sonoma. I find it easy to use, extracts all the juice leaving a very dry pulp. Plus it’s easy to clean! Con: It’s heavy so keeping it on the counter will be a plus. It is tall, which may require the top lid to be removed if wanting to keep the Kuvings on the counter. (Mine won’t fit on my counter due to cabinets overhead, unless I remove the lid, which I did).
When I’m blending and making smoothies I have a VitaMix. I’ve had my VitaMix since 1996. I use it constantly and it still works perfect.
Both the Kuvings & VitaMix aren’t cheap, but what you’re paying for is a quality piece of equipment that lasts. So in the end it’s a bargain, in my opinion.
(These opinions are my own. I am not being compensated in any way by Kuvings or VitaMix).
Below is the recipe for Pure Celery Juice!
Pure Celery Juice
- 1 bunch fresh celery, washed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Place cut celery one by one into a juicer with strainer attached.
- Once cycle is complete and all celery has been passed through juicer, pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Some people feel that by using the leafy stems while juicing makes the celery juice bitter. I use it and it doesn't bother me. Test it out to see which way tastes best to you.
- Always use a clean cutting board when cutting fruits and veggies for juicing, blending or any other food product - see link for tips.
- What is the BEST Wood for Cutting Boards
Hungry for More? Savor these!
Tools Used to Make Celery Juice:
Kuvings Slow Juicer EVO820 from Williams Sonoma