Watermelon Pizza – try a slice!
Sometimes when craving dessert and there’s no chocolate in the house you do the next best thing – create something with whatever you have on hand. This Watermelon Pizza fit the bill.
What better to have in the house on a hot blistery & humid day than iced cold watermelon? When I was trying to come up with a dessert the other evening since my sweet tooth was going crazy, I remembered I had placed a whole watermelon in the refrigerator to chill. Having the urge to be creative I decided to doctor up the watermelon a bit with fresh berries, vanilla Greek yogurt, and a sprinkling of coconut – an idea I spotted on Pinterest.
The result: Much more refreshing and satisfying than any piece of chocolate I could have had, and better for me!
Of course, you could cut up the watermelon into chunks, and by using the same ingredients, layer them in a jar or glass. However, I think slicing a round of watermelon, and then slicing it into so called “pizza slices” then adding toppings, is much more fun and festive.
Too bad I didn’t come up with this for the 4th of July, it would have been ideal! Either way this Watermelon Pizza is a delightful treat! Have it for breakfast, at lunchtime, for an afternoon snack or dessert – it hits the spot anytime of day!
Having watermelon has never been more fun!
- 1 Seedless Watermelon Round, center cut 1" slice
- 5.3oz. Greek Vanilla Yogurt (individual serving size container)
- Fresh Raspberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Blackberries
- 4-6 Bing Cherries, optional
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Slice a 1-inch round from the center of the watermelon (largest section)
- Set out on a platter, then slice into quarters, then half again to make 8 slices.
- Top with Greek Vanilla Yogurt or yogurt of choice.
- Sprinkle with fresh berries or fruit of choice.
- Drizzle with coconut and Serve.
Note: Obviously if you are serving a crowd cut more slices from the watermelon, creating more pizza slices.