Avocado Deviled Eggs
What better time to share a recipe for Deviled Eggs than just weeks before Easter! I love Deviled Eggs and have to say I’m certain my mom makes the best ones on the planet.
I’m not one to go changing tried and true recipes but thought it might be fun to add a little bit of a twist to her recipe – making them healthier with the addition of Avocado.
Truth be told, I’ve never been a fan of hard-boiled eggs but Deviled Eggs I could eat 4 – 5 in about a minute, and still crave more. Egg yolks oddly give me a stomach ache when I eat the whole egg scrambled, but not sunny-side up or Deviled – go figure!
Before you make Deviled Eggs it’s a good idea to know how to prepare the best hard-cooked or hard-boiled eggs. More importantly if you’re making hard-boiled eggs and simply slicing them in half to serve guests, you want to insure they’re perfectly yellow without a green rim around the outer edge of the yolk. Check out an older post of mine on Perfect Hard-Cooked NOT Hard-Boiled Eggs to learn how.
Once your hard-cooked eggs are made allow them to cool, peel, slice, then prepare my Avocado Deviled Eggs I think you’ll enjoy this version of Deviled Eggs……………………
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled & cut in half
- 1 avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 Tbsp. Miracle Whip
- 1 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 -2 Tbsp. Durkee's dressing
- 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste, if desired
- Cayenne Pepper, sprinkle to garnish
- Cilantro, garnish (optional)
- Cut hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolk and place in a food processor.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop out flesh. Add flesh to yolks. Add remaining ingredients except salt, pepper, cayenne and cilantro. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt & pepper.
- Using a pastry bag with a decorator tip or plastic zip-lock bag (snipped at one corner) pipe into cavity of egg whites.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne and sprig of cilantro. Serve.
Hungry for More? Savor these!