Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies #fbcookieswap
Have you heard of the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap? You haven’t? This is the 3rd year for the cookie swap, and with 619 participants in 8 countries this year, we teamed up with Cookies for Kids Cancer and raised over $13,000.
Each food blogger received 3 mystery names to send their cookies to – boy oh boy did I get some yummy cookies. Plus it was so much fun getting 3 little packages filled with goodies. Of course the best part was knowing that we were able to raise $13,000 to help children with cancer, and hopefully those funds will help to brighten their holidays!
With my crazy holiday schedule I selected a cookie I know is delicious and quick and easy to prepare. Living in St. Louis, Missouri, home of the Gooey Butter Cake I opted to make Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies. You might recall this past summer I made Gooey Butter Cookies with Coconut and Dark Chocolate Chips. Both gooey and velvety, you just can’t beat them! I thought the Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies would be perfect for the holidays since they’re red.
If you need to add more cookies to your party table, bring dessert to a party or going to a cookie swap, try these – everyone will love them.
Here’s the recipe, I hope you love them too……..
Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered Sugar
- Combine cake mix, cream cheese, butter, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- With a cookie scoop or teaspoon, take batter and roll into a ball - walnut size.
- Roll in powdered sugar and place on parchment or foil lined cookie sheet.
- Place cookies in a preheated 350F degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown.
- Remove from oven. If desired sprinkle with more powdered sugar and serve.