Perfect Herb Crusted Roast Prime Rib of Beef – Video
One of my favorite meals is Roast Prime Rib of Beef. While it may look challenging to prepare, by following my simple tips, I guarantee your Prime Rib will turn out perfect, juicy, and succulent! This will be one of the easiest dishes you’ll ever prepare, and is perfect to serve family, and guests for the holidays.
Since first posting this recipe back in 2012, I updated it in 2013 with a video after receiving numerous emails, and fears of how it may turn out. I realize purchasing an expensive cut of meat to then prepare, with the chance it could be ruined is terrifying! However, mark my word, if you follow my instructions to the “T” you’ll end up with a stellar piece of prime rib.
Watch my video, take notes, and read the instructions below as well. If you’re still on the fence, but desperately want to try this, please contact me and I’ll walk you through it, or gladly Skype a call with you.
If your family loves beef, they’ll love this – Perfect Herb Crusted Roast Prime Rib of Beef!
Perfect Herb Crusted Roast Prime Rib of Beef
The ideal entree to wow your guests with this holiday!
- 4 cloves garlic
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons salt, (I use kosher)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- Prime Rib Roast - (boneless @ room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared white horseradish
- With a food processor running, drop garlic into processor, blend until finely chopped. Add sage, thyme, oil, salt and pepper, process until paste forms.
- Pat meat dry with paper towels. Rub meat all over with herb paste. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated).
- Approximately 1 hour prior to placing Prime Rib into the oven take beef out of the refrigerator and allow to get to room temperature - very important.
- Preheat oven to 500F degrees.
Roasting time? To calculate the amount of time required for a perfectly Roasted Prime Rib, multiply the total weight of the roast by 5 minutes. Be accurate - the amount will be listed on your package.
- Roast weighs 5.42 pounds. Multiply 5.42 (pounds) by 5 (minutes) which equals = 27.10.
- This means the meat will roast for 27.10 minutes or approximately 27 minutes at 500F degrees.
- After 27 minutes immediately turn oven off.
- DO NOT open oven door during the next 2 hours, the roast is still cooking.
- This method will cook any size prime rib roast to perfection.....Rare to medium rare, the classic way to prepare prime rib with a crispy crust.
- Blend together and serve with Rib Roast.
This recipe is so delicious and simple. It makes Perfect Prime Rib Roast every time – your family and guests will be amazed!