No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart
I’ve always been a chocoholic, but over the past couple of years I’ve tried to curb that craving a bit. However sometimes you just have to give in to temptation.
With Father’s Day quickly approaching and the warm weather starting to settle in around the Midwest I thought this would be an ideal recipe to share.
I spotted it from Ella of Home Cooking Adventure, and immediately knew I had to try it. What I love about the recipe besides the fact that the chocolate is velvety and rich, it’s incredibly delicious, and requires no baking! So when the weather is hot outside you don’t have to worry about heating up your kitchen.
It’s best prepared the day before you plan to serve it. If you’re not a fan of strawberries then raspberries would be a nice option, or any other fruit you enjoy dipped into chocolate.
Don’t feel like you need to run out and get a 5 x 14-inch tart pan, a round or square one will do too! You could also prepare this in a baking dish just be sure to line it with foil before pressing the Oreo crust into the bottom of the pan. When ready to serve, just lift the foil out of the pan and set it onto a work surface to slice. The edges may not be as pretty but it will still taste amazing!
Below is a video I created sharing the simple steps to preparing this No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart, plus a printed version that you can save. I know you’re going to love it.
No-Bake Strawberry Chocolate Tart
If you're looking for a showstopping dessert that's quick and easy to prepare, plus rich and creamy chocolate goodness - look no further!
- 32 Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 7 oz. milk chocolate
- 3.5 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 7 oz. heavy cream
- 12-14 Strawberries
- chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, etc), optional
- Place Oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and blend until crumbs form. Add melted butter and pour over the crushed cookies. Process until evenly moistened. Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of a rectangular 5 x 14-inch tart pan. Freeze until you prepare the filling, just for a few minutes.
- In a small saucepan, or glass microwave safe bowl, heat cream until hot but not boiling. Approximately 1 minute 20 seconds in the microwave for chilled cream. Remove from heat or microwave, pour over chopped chocolate and let rest for 1-2 minutes. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour chocolate filling over Oreo crust, and top with fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- Prior to serving slice into wedges and if desired sprinkle chopped nuts of choice. ( I used chopped almonds).
Adapted from: Home Cooking Adventure
Both my dad and hubby would love this for Father’s Day. And I’d be thrilled that I wouldn’t have to turn on the oven. 🙂 It’s beautiful.
Thanks Liz. If they love chocolate they’d love this.
We run our AC like fiends during the warm months, so we’re OK with using our oven at this time of the year. But it’s always nice to have a no-bake recipe at the ready! This looks wonderful — thanks.
We keep our a/c down low as well. If not the dogs would stroke out in the Midwest heat and so would I. However, it is nice to have dishes that don’t require popping your head in and out of the oven. I hope you or Mrs. KR will give this a try. If you’re a chocolate lover you’ll love this.
A heavenly treat, Vicki. And I love it’s no bake!
So do I and it’s so delicious!
Easy, delicious and beautiful to look at. I call that a Win – Win – Win.
Thank you Susan, I hope you’ll try it.
That’s a perfect looking tart. I enjoy no bake tarts, some of the best slices come from them.
My family would love this.
Thank you, it was easy to create. If your family loves chocolate they will definitely love this.
OMG, this chocolate tart looks so good…even better that no baking required…thanks for this awesome recipe Vicki!
You’re welcome Juliana, I hope you’ll try it.
This looks amazing! Love your site 🙂