Game Day Bark + More
Tomorrow is SuperBowl and many of you are out gathering up all the grub and sweet treats to serve for those coming to your home tomorrow.
I know it’s in Arizona mainly because my son is there covering it, but sadly, I don’t even know who’s playing. I know, I’m bad!
I had hoped to get this post out earlier in the week but I’ve had a bout of the stomach flu or food poisoning, so better late than never.
While lying in bed feeling just retched I was looking at Pinterest and came across some Valentine’s Bark, and thought ooh “why not create a bark just for game day?”
I tried to think of all the things we always eat at the games – hot dogs, and nachos didn’t sound too appealing blended in with bark. However, we do eat pretzels, M&M’s both peanut and peanut butter and we love popcorn. I’d thought of adding some beer into the mix but decided that wouldn’t taste too good – at least not to me. I was excited to finally crawl out of bed to create this.
If you’ve never made bark before it’s so, so, easy. In fact, you can add whatever your heart desires to the mix for whatever occasion you’re celebrating! Maybe you’d like gummy bears, or jaw breakers, or even licorice!
Of course over the years I’ve made a variety of goodies for SuperBowl, here are just a few you might like to try for tomorrows game:
Below is my recipe for Game Day Bark, I hope you’ll try it!
Game Day Bark
- 2 (10 oz.) pkg. dark chocolate chips or 1 (16 oz) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- handful mini pretzel twists
- 1/4 cup homemade popcorn or store bought
- 10 M&M's with peanut
- 10 M&M's with peanut butter
- 1/4 pkg. white chocolate chips, optional
- Line a small sheet pan with parchment or heavy duty foil
- Melt chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl at 30 second intervals until runny. approximately 2 minutes total.
- Using an offset spatula pour melted chocolate into prepared sheet pan and spread to reach corners of pan and evenly disbursed.
- Scatter pretzels, popcorn, and M&M's on top of melted chocolate. Cover with heavy duty foil, gently pressing to adhere treats to chocolate. Place in refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove sheet pan from refrigerator and heat white chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl until runny (at 30 second intervals).
- Remove foil from sheet pan and drizzle white chocolate over the top. Place back into refrigerator another 30 minutes.
- Remove sheet pan from refrigerator. Lift parchment or foil from pan and place on cutting board. Cut or break bark and place in a bowl or plastic bag until ready to serve. Place back into the refrigerator until ready to serve.