Super Bowl Asian Style Chicken Wings!
Super Bowl is this coming Sunday, and while many of you will watch the game and root for your favorite team, I’ll be watching for the great commercial breaks – my favorite part of the big event.
I’ll be sure to whip up plenty of finger lick’in goodies for those watching from the sofas in our home. Dips, appetizers, chili, salads, sandwiches, wings, beef and desserts will all be on the Super Bowl menu. Over the years I’ve made a few recipes that you may want to try.
The recipe below for chicken wings isn’t your typical hot wings, instead, it boasts a nice hoisin and sweet plum flavor, sure to please most everyone. These are so moist and delicious you won’t need any dipping sauce. I hope you’ll try them.
Asian Style Chicken Wings
- 24 chicken wing drumettes
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 3/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Chinese Rice Wine (not vinegar) - Mirin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 green onions, trimmed and minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large bowl or zip-lock baggie, combine hoisin sauce, plum sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, rice wine, honey, green onions and garlic. Add wings and combine well. Refrigerate 1-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with heavy duty foil. Spray a wire rack with non-stick cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Drain wings well, reserving marinade. Arrange wings in a single layer on the rack. Roast for 30 minutes. Drain off any accumulated liquid. Baste, turn and baste second side. Roast another 30 minutes until wings are golden in color.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.