Puff Pastry with Strawberries & Cream
Springtime is all about fresh fruit, and this Puff Pastry with Strawberries & Cream is the perfect ending to any meal. It’s light and airy, not too sweet, but just right!
I love strawberries, and during the spring they’re super sweet, bright red, juicy, and packed with flavor.
Farmers markets are loaded with containers brimming over with them. Plus there are farms that even welcome you to come pick your own like Eckert’s Farm just 30 minutes from where I live. They invited me to a Strawberry Picking Festival Sunday, but sadly I was unable to attend. So instead I put together this wonderful dessert in spite of the fact I couldn’t be there.
Strawberries are packed with all sorts of health benefits. In fact, the heart-shape of the strawberry is the first clue that this fruit is good for you. Not only does it protect your heart, but it increases your HDL (good) cholesterol, lowers your blood pressure, and guards against cancer.
Packed with vitamins, fiber, and high levels of antioxidants known as polyphenols, strawberries are a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food. They also offer a good source of manganese and potassium. About eight strawberries provides even more vitamin C than an orange.
Of course, all these benefits won’t help much if you pair the strawberries with high fat, high cholesterol foods, so keep that in mind when indulging. I say that because while the Puff Pastry with Strawberries & Cream is light, airy, and delicious it’s still made with heavy cream.
We all deserve to treat ourselves to delicious food, and this Puff Pastry with Strawberries & Cream is one dessert you don’t want to miss.
Easy to prepare and quick to be at the table. I’d suggest prepping all the components of this dessert ahead of time. Then put it together when ready to serve. You could even have a dessert bar set up with all the fixings for everyone to make their own.
I think you’re going to love Puff Pastry with Strawberries & Cream.
If you make this dessert please hashtag #vickibensinger with your photo and description on Instagram. I’d love to see your creation, and hear your thoughts.
Puff Pastry with Strawberries and Cream
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced and separated
- ¼ cup sugar, separated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, plus more for garnish
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold thawed puff pastry and cut out 4-inch rounds with biscuit cutter. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool.
- Take ¼ pound of strawberries and purée with 2 tablespoons sugar. Strain and set aside.
- Mix remaining strawberries with sugar and lemon juice. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Whip heavy cream with powdered sugar and contents of vanilla bean.
- Cut each puff pastry round in half horizontally. Top with whipped cream and strawberries. Top with other half of puff pastry, more whipped cream, strawberries, and drizzle strawberry sauce. Garnish with powdered sugar.
Hungry for more? Savor these!
Tools I used to make the Puff Pastry Strawberries & Cream: