Celebrate My New Home & Triple Layer Orgasmic Brownies!
Welcome to my new home for “At Home with Vicki Bensinger,” I hope you like it. Please take some time to navigate through the pages of my site. Learn more about who I am, and what I have to offer. Plus, all the recipes I’ve shared over the years – with new recipes added each week, and so much more!
I encourage you to post comments and ask questions about any of the recipes or techniques I share on this site. Cooking is fun, and I want you to have the same enjoyable experience in the kitchen, as well. By reading each recipe carefully, having all the ingredients in place and prepped (mise en place), along with tools needed – your experience will be fun and stress free!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I want “At Home with Vicki Bensinger” to be a place you feel comfortable curling up to with your favorite beverage, while we chat over everything food related. My door is always open, so please make yourself right at home.
Please be sure to sign up to follow me by email or RSS Feed so you never miss a post. Plus don’t forget to follow me on my Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google+. I’ll be sure to follow you as well.
Note: I’d like to thank Lindsay & Taylor of Purr Design for helping me make this transition so easy. Also, I still have some reformatting to do so if you come across a page that isn’t in sync with the others it just means I haven’t reformatted that one yet.
To celebrate the launch of my new home, I have a decadent dessert to share with you today!
I woke up the other morning dying to make some brownies. Not just your average brownies, but soft, and fudgie, oozing with caramel, with a hint of coconut, and topped with a layer of luscious cream cheese! OMG – this is one orgasmic brownie!
I set out to create a recipe that would be worthy of sharing with you at the launch of my new site, and with all the dads for Father’s Day, this weekend.
There are several steps to this recipe, but they’re all simple. Be sure to read the instructions thoroughly , and sort out all the ingredients – you’re going to love these!
Triple Layer Orgasmic Brownies!
- 5 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 package caramels (35 caramels)
- 1 cup shredded Coconut, unsweetened
- 2 (8 ounce)packages Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Brownies: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with heavy-duty foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl. Place over (not touching) simmering water in a saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, until well mixed. Let cool slightly.
- Place eggs in a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment (or use a handheld mixer). On low speed, slowly beat in the sugar for about 1 minute, or until frothy and thick. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate mixture.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using the spatula, gently fold the flour mixture into the egg-chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined. Scrape 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer with an offset spatula (batter will be thick).
- Caramel: In a small saucepan add sweetened condensed milk and caramels and cook on low heat. Stir frequently until caramels have completely melted and to avoid the milk from burning. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. (Do not cool completely otherwise caramel will become hard).
- Pour caramel mixture over first layer of brownies. Using your offset spatula spread mixture to cover brownie layer. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Brownie: Pour remaining brownie mixture over the caramel layer and spread using offset spatula to completely cover caramel and pan.
- Cream Cheese: Combine cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract with electric mixer and beat until smooth. Pour over brownie layer.
- Bake: Place in preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes. (Start checking the brownies at around 30 minutes to be sure the brownies don't overbake, or until toothpick comes out with some wet crumbs on it, not liquid. Allow to cool completely, then cover and place in refrigerator to chill. Remove from refrigerator - lift foil with brownies out and onto a cutting board. Cut into 36 (1-1/2 inch squares).