Celebrate My New Home & Triple Layer Orgasmic Brownies!
Welcome to my new home for “At Home with Vicki Bensinger,” I hope you like it. Please take some time to navigate through the pages of my site. Learn more about who I am, and what I have to offer. Plus, all the recipes I’ve shared over the years – with new recipes added each week, and so much more!
I encourage you to post comments and ask questions about any of the recipes or techniques I share on this site. Cooking is fun, and I want you to have the same enjoyable experience in the kitchen, as well. By reading each recipe carefully, having all the ingredients in place and prepped (mise en place), along with tools needed – your experience will be fun and stress free!
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I want “At Home with Vicki Bensinger” to be a place you feel comfortable curling up to with your favorite beverage, while we chat over everything food related. My door is always open, so please make yourself right at home.
Please be sure to sign up to follow me by email or RSS Feed so you never miss a post. Plus don’t forget to follow me on my Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google+. I’ll be sure to follow you as well.
Note: I’d like to thank Lindsay & Taylor of Purr Design for helping me make this transition so easy. Also, I still have some reformatting to do so if you come across a page that isn’t in sync with the others it just means I haven’t reformatted that one yet.
To celebrate the launch of my new home, I have a decadent dessert to share with you today!
I woke up the other morning dying to make some brownies. Not just your average brownies, but soft, and fudgie, oozing with caramel, with a hint of coconut, and topped with a layer of luscious cream cheese! OMG – this is one orgasmic brownie!
I set out to create a recipe that would be worthy of sharing with you at the launch of my new site, and with all the dads for Father’s Day, this weekend.
There are several steps to this recipe, but they’re all simple. Be sure to read the instructions thoroughly , and sort out all the ingredients – you’re going to love these!
Triple Layer Orgasmic Brownies!
- 5 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 package caramels (35 caramels)
- 1 cup shredded Coconut, unsweetened
- 2 (8 ounce)packages Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Brownies: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with heavy-duty foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl. Place over (not touching) simmering water in a saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in butter, until well mixed. Let cool slightly.
- Place eggs in a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment (or use a handheld mixer). On low speed, slowly beat in the sugar for about 1 minute, or until frothy and thick. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate mixture.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using the spatula, gently fold the flour mixture into the egg-chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined. Scrape 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer with an offset spatula (batter will be thick).
- Caramel: In a small saucepan add sweetened condensed milk and caramels and cook on low heat. Stir frequently until caramels have completely melted and to avoid the milk from burning. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. (Do not cool completely otherwise caramel will become hard).
- Pour caramel mixture over first layer of brownies. Using your offset spatula spread mixture to cover brownie layer. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Brownie: Pour remaining brownie mixture over the caramel layer and spread using offset spatula to completely cover caramel and pan.
- Cream Cheese: Combine cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract with electric mixer and beat until smooth. Pour over brownie layer.
- Bake: Place in preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes. (Start checking the brownies at around 30 minutes to be sure the brownies don't overbake, or until toothpick comes out with some wet crumbs on it, not liquid. Allow to cool completely, then cover and place in refrigerator to chill. Remove from refrigerator - lift foil with brownies out and onto a cutting board. Cut into 36 (1-1/2 inch squares).
Your new home looks fabulous Vicki!!! Congratulations! What a way to celebrate with those orgasmic brownie. The name definitely fits what I’m seeing in the picture!
Thank you so much. It’s exciting having a new place to live. Now I just need to clean it up a bit and make sure it’s nice and tidy!
I hope you like the brownies if you try them.
Lovely recipe. I think, this would be one of the best brownies I have come across, Vicki! The brownie layer is rich,followed by two flavourful layers. Definitely something really worth trying. Congrats on having a “new home”! 🙂
The brownies are delicious IMO! We’ve been eating them since I made them the other day. Small squares are ideal.
Thank you on the congrat’s for my new home.
Congratulations on your new home, looks very nice!
Beautiful recipe, a sweet welcome 🙂
Thank you Daniela, I’m glad you like it. I hope you like the brownies as well. Have a great day!
Great looking new home! Everything looks terrific, and I look forward to exploring. At the moment, though, I’m concentrating on these fabulous brownies – they’re great! Super way to welcome everyone to your new site!
Love your new home…Great new look! Your brownies are fabulous looking and sound so luscious with that layer of caramel.
Thank you, I think they did a great job designing it. Hope you like the brownies if you try them.
Dear Vicki, Congratulations on your new home. It is a very nice look.
The brownies are very delicious looking! I bet they were tasty and a great way to launch y our new home.
Thank you for the visit. Blessings dear. Catherine xo
Catherine thank you for your kind words.
Love your new look! Those brownies look wonderfully decadent. 🙂
Thank you Betty. The brownies are so good, I hope you’ll try them.
Congratulations, Vicki. The new template is well organized and professional. I love the purple touch.
These cheese brownies look sensational!
Thanks Angie, I owe the clean design to Purr Design. The brownies are mine. They’re killer!
Hi Vicky, congratulation on your new home. I like the new look, very neat and organized. Lovely color too.
Your brownies look delectable and I’m sure it taste heavenly. 🙂
Have a nice week ahead.
Thank you for your kind words. The colors were much the same before only Purr Design made it look much better and clean. Purple is my favorite color but I chose the colors because they are colors of food.
I hope you’ll try my brownies – they’re delicious!
The warmest congratulations on your new site: elegant, stylish, easy to read: methinks we all will be very happy to click on for a chat and a learning experience . . . [well, I don’t bake . . . but the brownies do look lovely 🙂 !]
Why don’t you bake? I’m happy you like my site. I hope you’ll come back often, post comments and ask questions.
[biggest smile! Why don’t I bake – all my families [birth etc] totally disinterested in sweet things: that first!! Secondly, having trained in medicine and now for over 20 years in nutrition ’tis hard to use sugar, white flour and excess shortening eg butter when one knows the longterm harm it does to one’s body – it’s the only one we have 🙂 ! Sugar is now known to be more harmful than fat: we all ar individuals methinks . . . 🙂 ?
Yes I know sweets are bad for you. I don’t drink, smoke or do drugs so that’s the one thing I indulge in. I have a piece of chocolate probably daily and in fact swore off chocolate for 9 months when I was pregnant with my son.
I hear you though, we only live once so we might as well be healthy and live life to the fullest. Kudos to you!
Hi Vicki, your site looks WONDERFUL! So clean and fresh, love it! And those brownies, wow, definitely celebratory!
It is clean – I like that. I think my old one though I loved it since I created it on my own, started to get a bit cluttered. Clean and organized is better. Thank you. I hope you’ll try my brownies.
Congratulations on your new home! Everything looks so elegant… good that you took professional help for designing. The brownies are look fabulous.
I didn’t have the time or expertise to transfer everything over from Blogger to WordPress as you know, let alone create a format like Purr Design did. I’m very pleased with their work. It was worth the wait in line until they had time to create my new site.
Hope you’ll try my brownies.
Your new home is superb my friend, looks so professional 😀
Just like these brilliant brownies!
Choc Chip Uru
Thank you so much. That’s so nice of you to say.
Vicki, you must be thrilled with your new blog look! It’s wonderful! As are these decadent brownies….I’ve saved them to my recipe box 🙂
Thanks Liz, I am very excited about it. I hope you try the brownies, they’re wonderful!
Congrats Vicki! So happy for your new site! Beautiful… really easy to find things and very organized too! Your brownies are perfect treat to celebrate this big change!
Thanks Nami, I’m very pleased with it. I hope you enjoy the brownies if you make them.
What a beautiful new home you have here Vicky!! all the very best with it! as for the orgasmic brownies – I”m making them tomorrow!!
Thank you Mary. Please let me know what you and everyone else thinks of the brownies after you make them It’s best to undercook them rather than overlook so they’re moist and fudgy.
Love the new look! And I also love the look of these brownies! I wish I had one (or 3!) to snack on right now 😉
Love the new look , Vicki ! What better way to celebrate this wonderful new site than these orgasmic brownies ?! Any leftover then ? 😀
Your new home looks lovely and those brownies look sinfully delicious 😉
These truly do look orgasmic, Vicki, haha! Amazing recipe!
Congratulations on your new home Vicki — the space looks great! Those brownies sure look orgasmic.
These look deadly! But in the best of ways. 😉
Oh my goodness, caramel too! Decadently delicious!
Congrats on your new blog! I love the layout and designs, very chic and beautiful. Love your Orgasmic brownies too! 🙂 These are perfect for the celebration! I”ll be following you everywhere.