Sesame Crisps for Tuna Poke
These Sesame Crisps are perfect for the Tuna Poke appetizer I posted last week. If you’re like me though you’ll find yourself snacking on them as is, or making them to pair with various appetizers and dips. Since they’re so easy to create, you can whip these up just minutes before guests arrive. However, I always like to prepare as much as I can ahead of time, since there’s inevitably something I always forget until the last minute.
With most ingredients on hand you’ll find these Sesame Crisps your “go to” chip of choice. They’re delicious! I hope you’ll try them.
1/4 cup Black Sesame Seeds
1/4 cup White Sesame Seeds
1 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
2 pinches Kosher Salt
2 pinches Cayenne Pepper
3 Egg Whites or Egg White Carton (follow package equivalents)
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
16 Won Tons (I used Melissa's)
1. Preheat oven to 375F Degrees
2. Mix the sesame seed, sugar salt and cayenne in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with cornstarch.
4. Cut square wrappers in 1/2 to make 2 triangles
5. Lay wrappers on foil lined pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Brush each triangle with egg white mixture, then sprinkle a thin layer of the sesame seed mixture on top.
6. Bake in 375F degree oven until crisp, approximately 8 minutes.