Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We definitely had more than enough food and drinks. By the end of the evening everyone was so stuffed we could barely move. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or bad thing. At least we all enjoyed the food and had plenty of leftovers. I don’t think I’ll ever learn – I always make way too much to insure that we have leftovers. Then it’s as though Thanksgiving lasts for days, which is horrible on the waistline!
My husbands sister and her family came in from San Francisco so he decided he’d pick up some of their favorite Cheesecake Factory desserts, and for appetizers – White Castle. Yes you heard that right – White Castle for appetizers, with fries and onion rings, plus my appetizers. No wonder none of us could move.
Let’s face it, we’re all entitled to celebrate the day however we like. My husband is very thankful that White Castle is still around so that once a year on this day, he can indulge, and give thanks for the past year.
He picked up Linda’s Fudge cake, Hershey’s Chocolate Cheesecake, and Carrot Cake, none of which are synonymous with Thanksgiving. So I had to make Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie – but opted to go with bite size bars rather than pie wedges with all the other desserts he picked up. I would have made an Apple Crisp or something with apples, but figured what I’d be serving was already a bit overboard.
If you love Pecan Pie, and cheesecake, which we do, you’ll love these Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars. I use Lyle’s Golden Syrup instead of regular corn syrup, which in my opinion, transforms any recipe into a spectacular one, with it’s rich buttery flavor.
These make the perfect dessert anytime, but especially during the holidays. Make them ahead and keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Here’s the recipe…….
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. milk
- 2 tea. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and 3/4 c. brown sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/2 c. of pecans. Press mixture evenly in bottom of a 13x9x2 baking pan lined with heavy duty foil, with some overhang. Bake 10 minutes and cool.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add milk and vanilla, beating until combined. Pour onto cooled crust. Bake for 15 minutes and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine 3/4 c. brown sugar, Lyle's Golden Syrup, melted butter and eggs. Stir in 1 1/2 c. pecans. Pour pecan mix, over creamed cheese mixture in pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is set.
- Allow to cool completely, then cover and place in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, pull out Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars by edges of foil, and set on a cutting board. Cut into bite size squares.
- Place squares on plate and serve.