Holiday Fun with M&M’s
I love the holidays! It’s a joyous time when family and friends come together, and the perfect occasion to create fun treats while building memories that last a lifetime. Mars M&M’s has lots of Bright Ideas, and simple ones, both children and adults can participate in. These Tasty Table Lights caught my eye and I knew I had to share them.
With only a few ingredients, I gathered them together and started designing. My 24 year old daughter came home, and with disappointment in her eyes said, “What are you doing? Why didn’t you wait for me?” I had no idea she would have wanted to make these – she’s 24. But, I love creating fun holidays treats, so why wouldn’t she as well? Fortunately, I had only decorated the first holiday light, so she chimed in and helped me with the rest – we had a blast! Of course, all the leftover mini Holiday M&M’s managed to make it into both of our mouths. Who can resist an M&M? Certainly not us!
If you’re looking for a fun activity to do with your children (of all ages), grandchildren, or even just for yourself, try this recipe or any one of the creative treats at Mars Bright Ideas. Plus, they’re great for gift-giving too!
Here’s the recipe for Tasty Table Lights…..I know your crew will love them, and enjoy putting them together.
Tasty Table Lights
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 18 oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
- 3 cups M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend
- 4 strands red licorice laces
- Resealable plastic bags
- Drinking straw
- Christmas light shaped cookie cutter (small)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
3. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
4. With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
6. Separate different colors of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies, and set aside.
7. Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies on top of each cookie.
8. Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.
9. Tip for a quicker and lighter version: Tint frosting to match the M&M'S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies. Frost the cookies and then decorate with color coodinated M&M'S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies.
- Calories per serving 307
- Total Fat 13 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Sodium 147 mg
- Carbohydrates 46 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Sugars 31 g
- Protein 2 g
- Vitamin A 0%DV
- Vitamin C 0%DV
- Calcium 0%DV
- Iron 0%DV
Mars M&M's Bright Ideas
Holiday’s are better with M. Go to Brightideas.com for recipes using M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend. Click. Create. Celebrate.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of MARS®. The opinions and text are all mine.