I’m not sure what it is but I have a thing for Pesto. I absolutely love it. I love it on crostini, in sandwiches, on salmon, in pasta and even just off the spoon. My son loves spreading it on his wraps then adding the meat. There are infinite things to put it in and on. What’s your favorite way?
During the holidays I make a gorgonzola and brie torte that is laced with pesto in between the layers. The flavor is deadly, not to mention a heart attack waiting to happen.
For those of you that enjoy pesto as well but have never attempted to make it here is the recipe that I use. It’s very simple and delicious!
Don’t forget to share with me your favorite way to eat pesto.
- 2 cups Basil leaves (rinsed and patted dry)
- 3 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 1 clove Garlic
- pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin Olive Oil
- In a food processor, place pine nuts, basil, garlic and sea salt and process to a paste.
- Add the cheese and drizzle in the olive oil.
- Store in a jar. Can top with a bit of oil.