Mountainous Grilled Chicken Burgers
It’s been 2 weeks since my last post. I feel terrible that I dropped the bomb on the rest of my posts for Spinach Pesto recipes. I promise to share the remaining recipes later.
Trying to seek out apartments for my daughter’s transfer to a city we were unfamiliar with became a major task. In the end I scheduled 11 apartments for viewing. I met her in Minneapolis a week ago Monday. We scoured the city visiting 11 apartments in 1 1/2 days with her move-in date to be on Thursday. Wednesday we flew back home to meet the movers and finish packing her up. On Thursday the two of us drove her car back to Minneapolis to move her into her new apartment. We spent the next few days setting up house and hit IKEA to get a few last minute items to make her apartment feel like home. Mission accomplished!!!
My daughter is taking a few days off to spend time with us, celebrate her birthday, and then start her new position. It was an exhausting 6 days but fun. I’m sorry for the lag in posts but family always takes precedence.
The night before flying out to Minneapolis I made these chicken burgers. I wanted to make something quick and easy since I had a 9am flight with a two hour drive to get to the airport. Burgers were easy, but red meat sounded awful, so I decided on chicken burgers.
I tossed a few things together and to my surprise these burgers were sensational and so moist. If you love chicken, and burgers you’ll definitely enjoy these.
Mountainous Grilled Chicken Burgers
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce
- 2 red onions, quartered
- extra-virgin olive oil
- tomato, sliced
- sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- cheddar cheese slices
- Non-stick Spray
- Lawry's seasoned salt
- hamburger buns
- Place ground chicken in a large deep bowl.
- Add egg, peppers, and BBQ sauce.
- Combine until thoroughly mixed together.
- Make into individual patties, approximately 3/4 cup scoop for each and place on a sheet pan lined with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice sweet potatoes in 1/2 lengthwise, and then into wedges. Place on a foil lined sheet tray that's been sprayed with non-stick spray. Place in a preheated 425F degree oven for approximately 20-30 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Cut onions into wedges placing in a grill pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil. If you don't have a grill pan get a foil pan and poke holes into it with a knife all over. Place on a medium grill for about 15 minutes or until onions are soft and lightly brown around the edges, or to your liking.
- Remove chicken patties from the refrigerator and spray with non-stick spray on both sides. Sprinkle lightly with Lawry's seasoned salt and place onto preheated grill.
- Grill for approximately 4-5 minutes per side flipping just once. Just before pulling burgers off the grill place cheese slices onto patties. Cover grill for 1 minute to allow cheese to melt.
- To insure burgers are done temperature probe should register 165° F when inserted into the center of the burger. (See video)
- Remove burgers from grill along with onions.
- Plate: Place a sliced bun on each plate. Top with a burger, grilled onions, tomato, and sweet potato fries. Top with your favorite BBQ sauce and the top portion of a bun. Serve with a salad, cole slaw, potato salad or fresh fruit.
Hungry for more? Savor these!
Kobe & Smokey Cheddar Burger with Beer & Hoisin Caramelized Onions
Wow, you’ve been busy! Both you and your daughter must be exhausted! Glad you found a place, and she’s moved in. Anyway, great burgers — my kind of meal. 😉 Thanks so much.
it was exhausting but so worth it. She’s got a great apartment in a safe area and not far from work. Glad you like the burgers. I hope you’ll give them a try.
11 apartments for viewing!! Gosh…that’s a tiring task! The burger looks droolworthy.
It was so tiring. I was so tired from all the running and not enough sleep that one day while looking at apartments I kept crying. I’m not sure if it was that I was sad she was leaving or just overly tired and everything set me off. Fortunately after a good nights rest I was fine. Thank goodness they were all women who showed us the units. They were sympathetic, I’m not sure a man would have been.
These burgers were so tasty I made them again this evening! I hope you try them.
This is the best looking gorgeous chicken burger I have ever laid my eyes on!
Wow that’s quite a statement Claudia. Thank you!,, I hope you’ll try making them. They’re so easy and tasty!
Vicki….you deserve these beautiful chicken burgers after your busy schedule the past days! Moving, though fun, can be stressful. And once your daughter finally got settled in, I bet these burgers hit the spot! I just helped my son move in to a new place 2 months ago. Hopefully this is it for a while! Though the next time I visit him, I’m thinking these luscious burgers should be on the menu! : )
She could feasibly get transferred within a year again. I guess if that’s the case in time we will become pros at the quick move-in.
To break in her kitchen we went down to the pool area to BBQ with some of the tenants and made Beef Fajitas and enjoyed them in her new kitchen on her IKEA stools we put together earlier in the day. It was fun. We made the chicken burgers again last night. They were a hit. I hope you’ll try them.
I’m exhausted just reading about your daughter’s move. I’m glad you got her settled 🙂 Your burger sounds fabulous–so flavorful! I need to break out of our beef burger rut 🙂
Family always does take precedence! Hoping your daughter is enjoying her new apartment and new position!
Btw – these burgers look fantastic!
Wow! sounds like you have been very busy. I was both sad and excited for my daughter when she moved out. It was a very positive thing but the house was so quiet. Like that you made grilled chicken burgers. They look delicious!
I’m sure I’d be a mess if one of my daughters had to leave here to take another position and you just never know these days. Sometimes an offer is just to good to say no. I’m glad you got her settled. Wow, this is a mountain of a burger, but loaded with such good stuff. You couldn’t feel guilty eating it! Everything in it sounds wonderful, Vicki.
Just the name alone has my mouth watering! What an freakin awesome burger Vicki! Sweet potatoes on a chicken burger – WOW!
Hope your little girl is settled well in her new place.
That burger just look so juicy and amazing.
I remember all too well setting up my oldest daughter in her first apartment in the middle of summer in DC, and I sure remember putting together all that IKEA furniture 😉 This burger must have been just the thing to revitalize you both!
This is a perfect recipe for the lake house come labor day! Im so excited to try it!