Low Fat Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used Musselmans Natural Unsweetened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten (this is the only fat in the bread)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6oz) container fat free strawberry banana yogurt (I used Dannon)
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Cream applesauce and sugar; add eggs and salt and mix well. Add flour, soda and yogurt and mix well. Add bananas blending well into the mixture.
- At this time if you wanted to add any chocolate chips or nuts you can blending well. If you prefer having one with and one without then blend in after pouring into pans.
- Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray 2 regular size loaf pans; pour in mixture and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes. When the bread pulls away from the sides of the pan and toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
- This recipe can be doubled.
- If you want to use plain yogurt or some other flavor then feel free to do so. The best part about cooking yourself is that you can modify a recipe anyway you like.
I hope you enjoy this.