Chinese Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
Next week “At Home with Vicki Bensinger” will have a new home. I’m so excited about it and exhausted with all the editing I’ve been doing. I think you’re going to love it – I know I do. Lindsay & Todd from Purr Design are doing a great job.
Please be sure to sign up today in the upper right corner of my blog, to Follow Me by Email. This way when the change happens, you won’t miss a single post. My new web address with be VickiBensinger.com, much easier than before. If you forget and go to my current blog, you’ll be redirected.
For those of you that have gone through this process, you know what I’m talking about. Between work, home, blogging and editing, I’m not sleeping much.
I found myself out and about at 5:00 today without anything purchased and ready for dinner. So I ran by the grocery store and purchased items to make up a light and tasty salad for dinner. Although there are quite a few ingredients for this salad, it’s so quick and simple to prepare – plus it packs a punch. Leftovers tomorrow will be fantastic. In fact, I may just wrap this up in a tortilla for lunch – yum, that sounds great!
I think this salad would be wonderful served at a luncheon and with the addition of pea pods, sliced on the bias or even some brocolli slaw. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it the way it was, but I wouldn’t mind adding even a bit more color and nutrients to the dish.
If you’re a fan of salads and peanut butter – this dish is for you!
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 12 won ton sheets
- 4 chicken breast halves, grilled
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce (1 full head)
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage (1/2 a head)
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1/8 cup dark sesame oil
- 1/8 cup fine sugar
- 1/8 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (Asian Chili Sauce)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salad: Cut won ton sheets into 1/4 inch strips wide. Spray with non-stick spray and bake at 425 degrees about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Grill or broil chicken breasts - cut into strips. If preferred use a Roasted Chicken, shredded - set aside.
- Combine lettuce, cabbages, carrots, and chicken strips and set aside.
- Dressing: Combine first 8 ingredients in food processor (I use a mini one) and blend well. Add peanut butter and process all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve: Plate lettuce mixture - garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, peanuts and wontons. Drizzle peanut dressing over the top and serve.