ALERT! Thanksgiving Foods can be Toxic to your Dog!

Thanksgiving Day is a time to be thankful for everything we have and those around us. Although, while everyone gathers in the kitchen to cook, eat and mingle, oftentimes bits of food may drop onto the ground or you may willingly hand your dog a nibble, not realizing it can be toxic to them.

Keep raisins and grapes out of reach of your dog, as dogs will ingest almost anything. Make sure that all family members are aware of the toxic capability of this food, as well as other foods that have been found to be toxic to pets, such as chocolate, onions, garlic, etc. And if you do discover that your dog has ingested raisins or grapes, act immediately to avoid complicating the situation.

Ingesting raisins or grapes can cause renal failure to your pet and even death. Like most people I know, we are thankful for the wonderful loving relationship we have with our animals.

Don’t be careless this Thanksgiving or through the holiday season. Take caution when preparing foods to insure that your beloved friend doesn’t get any scraps.

For more information check out this site.

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving that’s filled with lots of joy, laughter, family, friends, pets and great food!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Leave a Comment »