Kahlua Hot Fudge

Kahlua Hot Fudge

The other night we went out to get sushi, and as always we like to end our meals with a dessert. Oddly enough this sushi restaurant had a bar and grill connected to it.  They offer both menus for those who are not sushi fans.

So when my husband asked if they have dessert the waitress handed us the menu from their sister restaurant. The waitress recommended the Mud Pie as well as their Fudge Brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and a Kahlua Hot Fudge.  We said “yes” to both.

I’d never had Kahlua Hot Fudge before, have you?  Well let me tell you it was so incredibly delicious, smooth and oh so fudgy.  The Mud Pie was marginal at best.

When I got back from dinner the first thing I did was search online Kahlua Hot Fudge.  I knew I needed to make this for my family, but I definitely think this would make a perfect holiday gift as well.

After reviewing many recipes this is what I came up with.

Kahlua Hot Fudge

pedal the cause donate 620

Kahlua Hot Fudge

Yield: serves 4 - 6

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 4 tsp. granulated sugar (1 tbsp. + 1 tsp.)
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
  • 2 Tbsp. Kahlua
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla

Directions:

1. Place all ingredients (except Kahlua and vanilla) into a double boiler.
  2. Melt on low heat until sugar is dissolved and texture is smooth and creamy.
  3. Add Kahlua and vanilla, mix thoroughly.
  4. Serve warm, or keep refrigerated until needed.
  5. Rewarm in microwave when ready to use.

Note: This would be perfect placed in glass jars and tied with a ribbon to give as a gift

Pin It

13 Responses to “Kahlua Hot Fudge”

1. Sounds WONDERFUL Vickie! I love being inspired like this when I go out to eat.

• Vicki Bensinger replied: — August 9th, 2014 @ 4:26 pm

I know and it’s especially nice when out of town. Then it makes it easy for me to be creative.

2. Liz — August 7, 2014 @ 7:52 pm

Oh, yeah! This would be a terrific holiday gift!! But I’d have to keep some aside for us :)

• Vicki Bensinger replied: — August 9th, 2014 @ 4:27 pm

I think so to. Who doesn’t love fudge or at least someone in your house will. I can see putting it into a cute jar and dressing it up with ribbon.

3. John@Kitchen Riffs — August 7, 2014 @ 10:13 pm

Kahlua has such a great flavor, doesn’t it? This looks terrific! Nice recipe — thanks.

• Vicki Bensinger replied: — August 9th, 2014 @ 4:28 pm

I know I love Kahlua and this was such an easy recipe to prepare and fun to drizzle on whatever you love fudge on.

4. Angie@Angie's Recipes — August 8, 2014 @ 4:18 am

I have never had kahlua hot fudge..it looks terrific!

• Vicki Bensinger replied: — August 9th, 2014 @ 4:28 pm

I never had either. It’s yummy!

5. Choc Chip Uru — August 10, 2014 @ 3:21 am

This hot fudge looks perfect, a definite must eat :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

6. Donalyn@TheCreeksideCook — August 10, 2014 @ 9:39 am

Oh my – I can almost taste that just from looking at the photos – very nice, Vicki!

7. Susan — August 11, 2014 @ 4:14 pm

I haven’t had Kahlua in ages (bad experience with too many Black Russians in my younger days :) but I do love the flavor and it would be so delicious in hot fudge over ice cream!

8. mjskit — August 13, 2014 @ 8:35 am

No, I have never had Kahlua Hot Fudge before, but now you have me craving it! I just want to lick it right off of that ice cream!

9. anne — August 16, 2014 @ 9:42 am

The Kahlua hot fudge sounds sinful , Vicky ! Maybe I should try your recipe the next time I’ll make vanilla ice cream :D