Are you tired of the same dry sponge cake with berries and non-dairy whipping cream for your Passover dessert? Try this quick and delicious Flourless Chocolate Cake; your guests will be thrilled they stayed for dessert!
This Flourless Chocolate Cake can be served for Passover or any occasion. Since it’s extremely rich, one cake makes 16 servings. Be sure to bring to room temperature before serving!…….
2 cups fresh raspberries, or 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen, thawed and drained
1/4 cup fine sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. Sabra Chocolate Orange Liqueur
1. Preheat oven to 325F degrees
2.For Crust: In a food processor, blend nuts and macaroons until finely chopped. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press mixture onto entire bottom of pan to insure crust is firmly in place.
3.For Cake: In a saucepan, melt butter, when hot, add chocolate. Using a wooden spoon, stir continuously until chocolate is smooth, add liqueur and blend.
4. In a large bowl, whip the eggs and sugar until doubled in volume.
5. When chocolate mixture is fully melted, incorporate it slowly to egg mixture and blend well.
6. Pour batter into prepared springform pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until center no longer wiggles. Remove from oven and let cook at room temperature. Place cake in refrigerator. Thirty (30) minutes prior to serving remove from refrigerator and allow to get to room temperature.
7. For Coulis: Place berries, sugar, orange and lemon juice in a blender - puree until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a glass bowl, discarding the seeds. Stir in the liqueur, taste, and adjust sugar if necessary.
8. Place in a squirt bottle and decorate plate and cake as desired.
Serve with berries and Raspberry Coulis.
*Note: You could also use a coffee liqueur and if not keeping Passover - Kahlua will work as well.
Hi, I’m Vicki Bensinger! I have been teaching culinary classes throughout Missouri since 1992. I offer personalized private culinary classes for individuals and small groups in the comfort of your home or organization.