Candied Pecans

For as long as I can remember I’ve been making Candied Pecans.  I make them to have around the house when company is coming, add them to salads, as toppings for desserts or just to eat them plain – they’re so good! I especially love giving the Candied Pecans as a holiday gift, packaged in cellophane bags tied with colorful ribbons.

If you’ve never made Candied Pecans this simple recipe takes no time at all.  Once made look out – your family will gobble them up in minutes, literally!
Here’s the recipe…..make a batch for Thanksgiving, everyone will be thrilled you did.

Candied Pecans

Yield: 3-1/2 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Dash of ground cloves
2 cups pecan halves
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly (about 8-10 minutes).
3. Add pecans and vanilla, cook until all syrup is absorbed and pecans are coated, stirring constantly (about 12 minutes - will look powdery).
4. Spread pecan mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment. (Pecans will have a sugar coating)
5. Cool completely then store in airtight container or serve.
Enjoy!!!
    Pin It

16 Responses to “Candied Pecans”

1. Balvinder — November 20, 2012 @ 4:15 am

I love nuts,sweet as well as savory.

2. Guru Uru — November 20, 2012 @ 9:26 am

Now these are nuts I could eat by the fistful :D

Cheers
    CCU

3. Lizzy Do — November 20, 2012 @ 11:21 am

These look marvelous, Vicki! I love that they have vanilla in them…and perfect for holiday gifts!

4. The Café Sucré Farine — November 20, 2012 @ 11:44 am

Yummy Vicki! These look amazing and I can see how they would disappear like hotcakes! I I have a little different version that I do use one salads and I have to find a real good hiding place for them till it’s time to put together the salad. :)

5. Anne Regalado — November 20, 2012 @ 1:41 pm

I love pecans but haven’t eaten the candied ones ! :P :D And your version looks delicious ! Make some savory version as well :D

6. mjskit — November 21, 2012 @ 2:45 am

A friend sends me candied pecans from New Orleans every year for Christmas and the bag lasts about 2 days. I’ve always been tempted to make them but then remember that I can’t stop eating them once I start. That’s exactly what would happen with yours. they look SO good!

7. Kitchen Riffs — November 21, 2012 @ 4:23 am

I often making spicy pecans, but have never made candied pecans. Definitely something I should try. Although they’ll be gone in an hour, I just know! But what a great hour that will be! ;-)

8. Helene Dsouza — November 21, 2012 @ 9:01 am

Thats a nice simple Idea and great Christmas gift as well! We don’t get pecans here, but do you think I could use some other nuts for the same concept?

9. Found your blog via Google search and glad I stumbled upon it. Lots o’ yummy goodness here!

10. Baker Street — November 22, 2012 @ 11:20 am

What a simple idea and so wonderfully executed! Love it, Vicki!

11. Beth — November 22, 2012 @ 7:49 pm

I love candied pecans in salad, and I don’t know why I don’t make them more often. Thanks for the recipe!

12. Lizzy Do — November 23, 2012 @ 6:27 pm

Gosh, I wish we would have thought about giving our #HelpingHands foods to others…that really would have been a neat idea! My rolls were consumed by my hubby who had been begging me to make them for weeks. I am delivering my homemade Kahlua to my neighbors today, though, for an early holiday treat…don’t know if that would be the best for the hurricane victims! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Vicki!

13. Jill @ MadAboutMacarons — November 26, 2012 @ 8:47 am

What a super idea as Christmas gifts, Vicki. They look absolutely addictive!

14. Anonymous — November 26, 2012 @ 9:36 pm

I’ve been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me.
    Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web
    will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    Here is my web-site ; Work from home

15. SavoringTime in the Kitchen — November 27, 2012 @ 3:01 pm

It’s taken me a while to get caught up with all my blogging friends after Thanksgiving. What a delicious treat these would be for Christmas. I love pecans!

16. Nami | Just One Cookbook — November 28, 2012 @ 6:58 pm

I loooooove candied pecans but never knew it’s quite easy to make at home! I might give this a try after my store-bought pecans are gone. :D